Bank of America is one of the most reviled corporations in America. And with good reason:
• BoA is the #1 funder of the US coal industry, which is polluting our communities and cooking our climate.
• BoA is the #1 forecloser of American’s homes.
• BoA has shed nearly 100,000 jobs over the past several years — while it paid its top five executives over $500 million in bonuses.
To put it simply: Bank of America places profits ahead of people.
There’s so much opposition to BoA’s practices that it’s almost become a movement unto itself. RAN has collected thousands of pledges from BoA customers to close their accounts. We figured it was high time the movement to hold BoA accountable had its own website, so we teamed up with The New Bottom Line to launch the Bankrupting America blog. That's where you come in.
We’re posting videos, photos, and other report-backs from every single protest or campaign aimed at holding Bank of America accountable. We’re also looking for breaking news, testimonials from customers who want BoA to change its ways, and anything else that highlights the widespread opposition to BoA’s banking practices. But we can't do it all on our own. Can you join us and help amplify the drumbeat?
Here’s a couple ways you can do that:
• Check out the blog. Visit BankruptingAmerica.tumblr.com and share the content on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or any other network you’re on.
• Submit content! If you’re a dissatisfied BoA customer and/or closing your account, if you're an activist or organizer involved in a protest or campaign, or if you're simply someone disgusted by BoA’s banking practices, we want you to submit to the blog. Go here to submit.
More people than ever are concerned about the role big Wall Street banks have played in wrecking our economy and our environment. Bank of America is the worst of the worst, so let’s make sure it gets the attention it deserves. Check out, share, and submit to Bankrupting America today!