WHAT IS ASEA? http://dwijendra.teamasea.com

Sunday, March 18, 2012

I was bullied




 


 
Change.org
The documentary “Bully” should be rated PG-13 -- not R. Join me in asking the MPAA to change its rating.
                                            
Sign the Petition
I was bullied a lot in middle school. Five years ago, it got so bad that four guys came up behind me, called me awful names and slammed my hand in my locker, breaking my finger. The worst part is, I felt so terrified and alone that I couldn't even tell my parents the truth about what happened.
So when I saw the new documentary Bully, which was produced to stop bullying, it felt so good to know that the filmmakers were telling the stories of kids like me. I think that every kid should see Bully. That’s why I was shocked to learn that it was given an "R" rating because some of the bullies in the film use bad words.
The past two weeks have been incredible. I've been on CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, CBS, and The Ellen Show. Celebrities like Ellen DeGeneres, Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, Justin Bieber, Randy Jackson, Demi Lovato, and Drew Brees -- as well as 29 members of Congress, led by Rep. Mike Honda -- have said publicly that they agree with my campaign.
But even after all that, the MPAA hasn't budged. I got to meet with one of their executives last week, and she told me that they have to keep things "consistent." Maybe she thought that I would give up, or that I'm just 17, so how much can I really change anyway? But I know that if we keep up the pressure, the MPAA will have no choice but to admit that being "consistent" isn't as important as letting kids see a movie that could literally save lives.
Thanks for your help. Knowing that all these people are standing with me, I don't feel alone or afraid anymore.
-Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.